Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cake Batter Oatmeal Cookies

Never underestimate the multitude of possibilities that come from a box of cake mix.  They feel so out of the box (totally didn't make that a pun on purpose).  I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies, but they're one of my mom's favorite.  Not disrespecting my mom's oatmeal cookies, I just thought they needed some sprucing up.  So voila! This is what I came up with.  Still think I'm crazy?  Well, this is where I came up with the idea so call her contagious. 

hehehe I didn't tell my mom what I put in the cookies.  She's going crazy trying to figure it out. 


The cake batter gives the cookies a natural golden glaze that forms on top.

Here's the recipe:

Cake Batter Oatmeal Cookies

- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

In a medium bowl combine yellow cake mix, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, & oats.  Mix and set aside.
In a mixing bowl beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium until it reaches a grainy consistency.  Beat in eggs until well combined.
Add the flour mixture little bits at a time on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown.
Transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.Print This Post

No comments:

Post a Comment